Cre8 Worship ExperiencesA Cre8 Worship Experience is one that captures the power of together while allowing for individual exploration and expression. It is loosely based on the book, Sacred Pathways, by Gary Thomas. He asserts that there is one way to God, through Jesus Christ, but there are multiple expressions. We get so caught up in style of worship and system of discipleship that we often alienate people who worship and connect differently than the corporate structure allows. This can cause people to turn away from church, God and each other, when the solution lies in how each of us is designed by God to connect and worship. A Cre8 Worship Experience starts out with everyone together so the same truth can be presented to everyone. From there we have various environments available, each led by a facilitator, for individuals for explore and express truth in unique ways. By the end of the gathering, every family member heard the same basic truth but was given the freedom to explore it individually. The shared question isn’t, “What did you learn in Sunday School today?” The shared question becomes, “What did you create? What did you feel God spoke to you?” Specific worship environments might include, but not be limited, to:
- Musical Worship – where not only songs are sung, but lyrics and looked at in more depth along with the scriptures they draw inspiration from.
- Intellectual Worship – where in-depth bible study and church history is discussed.
- Artistic Worship – where canvases and journals offer people the chance to express themselves through art, journaling, poetry and creative writing.
- Natural Worship – where participants can retreat to a nature setting to spend time with God while being surrounded by His creation. Quiet time, devotion and sharing will also accompany this environment.
- Choir Worship – where people can take a portion of God’s Script and help provide the soundtrack for it, creating a new song.
- ReCre8 Worship – where those that just want to unwind through recreational activities can do so without judgment, while a devotion and team-building accompany the experience.